REVIEW: Cogheart by Peter Bunzl

So where have I been? Well, I've been very busy because I am leaving primary school! There has been a lot of things to do, so I haven't had the time to write my posts! But anyway, I'm back now, and I have finished some books quite recently, so I'm doing a review of one of them: Cogheart by Peter Bunzl. I read this book really quickly, because I just couldn't put it down! It was amazing, and I thoroughly recommend you read it!

The story is set in various cities, but mostly in London.

Lily's father has mysteriously gone missing after an attack on his airship, and she is left an orphan, made to live with her legal guardian, Madame Verdigris. But something sinister is going on, with creepy silver-mirror-eyed men stalking her, and taking her father's precious mechanicals, and damaging Malkin, her fox mechanimal.

I like this book because I have never read anything like it before. I was introduced into this new world; bursting with mechanical people and airships soaring through the sky; I have not had that in any book I have ever read before. Also, I like the way it switches between characters and locations in each chapter, so you get a perspective from every side, and if the events were confusing, they are made clear in another view from a different character's side.

My favourite character is probably Lily. Or Robert. Or Malkin. I like these characters because they are all very determined, and strong throughout the story. They are the ones that drive and create the plot.

My favourite part is the major plot twist near the end, but I can't say what it is!

I recommend this book to ages 9-14. There is a lot of action, which makes the book very exciting and hard to put down! Me and my friend at school were reading this book at the same time, and we were literally reading it at every opportunity; and I mean EVERY opportunity. Lunchtime; breaktime; free time; any time! We were just gripped on the story!

Thank you for reading my review! I hope to see you soon again on my blog!

Have you read Cogheart? Or do you want to read it?

Tell me in the comments below!

↓↓↓




Comments