REVIEW: The School For Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

First off: I am so sorry I haven't done a post for ages and ages, I just never got round to it, sorry! But anyway, I am doing a post now. And this one is a review of The School For Good and Evil by Soman Chainani. I saw my friend Alice (who I did an interview of) reading this book, and then when I ran out of books to read I found it on Google Books, and I bought it. So, let's get into my review!



Sophie knows she is going to be taken by the School Master, as are two children over twelve are taken every four years. She is certain she will go to the School For Good, and that her friend Agatha (who lives in a cemetery) will be taken to go to the School For Evil. But when it actually turns out the opposite, they go on the adventure of a lifetime...

I like this book because it is a mix of pretty much every genre, all smushed into one amazing book. Also it has pictures in, which helps you create the image more clearly in your head.

I would recommend this book to ages 9-14.

The cover is good because it has the two main characters on the front, and they are the main attention on the cover, and it also has the School For Good and Evil's logo of two swans on it, one black and one white, so that also gives you a clue to what it's about.

My favourite part was at the end, but I am not going to ruin it for you.

My favourite character was Agatha because she was such a good friend to Sophie (at the end, not the beginning) and she was also willing to try and swap schools even when the School For Good sounded a lot better. 

My least favourite character was the School Master, because it seems quite evil to kidnap two children from a village every four years to go to a secret school and eventually become a character, animal or plant in a fairy tale, never to see your family again.

I would rate this book 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of five stars. 

So that was my review! I hope you liked it! See you soon on my blog! 😊📚



Comments