Writing Challenge: Setting Description


So, today I am going to do yet another writing challenge, and I'm so surprised I didn't think of this before! Setting description! Also, news: I am flying to Rome tomorrow. More news: I have lost THREE teeth this week. They all decided to come out at the same time. Anyway, let's get into this post! (P.S: Doing this challenge in first person)


My first setting is... a snowy forest!

I stared all around me, snow crunching quietly underneath my boots, which had slowly started to let in the creeping cold. All around me were trees; trees everywhere. They were so thick I couldn't see to the end of the forest. Their bark was like faces, screaming at me and reaching out with their spindly branches. I looked up nervously, expecting to see an eagle swoop down and collect me like a letter, but all I could see was leaves; hundreds of thousands of leaves. Surrounded by shadows, I continued to walk.

My second one is... an abandoned house!


I stood in front of it, gobsmacked. I had never noticed it before! But now, it stood there in front of me, in all of its gloomy glory. I could see faint outlines of what the house used to be, underneath piles of shattered glass and wood. The windows were boarded up and graffiti had been done on them, yet I could peek inside through the gaps in the mouldy wood. Inside it was completely wrecked; like it had been burnt down in a tragic fire. The carpets were scorched and rotten, and the plaster on the walls was peeling, paint crackling from them.


My third and final one is... a hotel!


All around me were sleek silver desks, polished so you could see your face in them. This was a five star hotel, after all. Receptionists answered bronze phones, taking notes swiftly in golden notebooks, and then serving customers in person. The walls were painted a medium red, which gave it a red carpet feel. Lifts went up and down beside me, and the pool glimmered in the sun in the distance, just through sliding glass doors which let the sunlight in, but it didn't get into your eyes. Behind me, stairs swished round in circles, leading to the lush upstairs rooms. Cosy chairs were spaced out into the reception area, and coffee tables were lined up next to them, newspapers waiting to be opened and read. 


So that was another writing challenge. I hope you liked it, and see you soon on my blog! 📚
😊

Comments