REVIEW: Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne

Today I am doing another review, of a very powerful book called Noah Barleywater Runs Away, and it is by John Boyne, author of The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas. I am very excited to do this review, so let's just get into it!

Noah is unhappy, and his problems seem easier to deal with when he doesn't think about them. So he runs away. And on the way, he meets an old, magical toymaker with a story. A story of broken promises and adventures, and this story changes Noah's life forever.

I like this book because it is extremely well written. I have also read The Terrible Thing That Happened To Barnaby Brocket, and I found that was also very well written. The plot is terrific too, and the same with the moral. Even though it pretty much has two characters, the book is still inviting and interesting. 

My favourite character is the old man and his puppets, because he has a very interesting story to tell. I found that I wanted to find out more about him, and read into the next chapter.

My least favourite character is not a main character, but he is still there, and he is a very short man with a wheelbarrow with a cat in it. He gets angry with Noah when Noah accidently hits him in the face while yawning.

My favourite part was when the old man is telling Noah his story. I really wanted to find out what it was, so it kept me reading until the end.

I would definitely recommend this book to others,and my age recommendation is ages 8-12. 

My overall rating is 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟, because it has a very original plot and a terrific moral.

Thank you for reading my review of this book, and I hope to see you soon on my blog!😊📚
Noah Barleywater Runs Away
By John Boyne


Comments