REVIEW: Mistletoe and Murder by Robin Stevens

Gosh, two reviews in a row. Usually I hate doing reviews of books, but since I set up this blog I really like doing reviews so you can discover new books via me. I hope you can find a new favourite book because of my blog! 📚

In this post I am going to share a review with you of Mistletoe and Murder by Robin Stevens. This book is a murder book, in the crime genre, so if you like that kind of book, you will love this!

This book is one in the Wells and Wong Detective Society series, consisting of Murder Most Unladylike, Arsenic for Tea, First Class Murder, Jolly Foul Play and Mistletoe and Murder. 


I finished this book after Christmas, because I started it before, but then I didn't finish it, as I started focusing on finishing the Harry Potter series instead. 

Hazel and Daisy have gone to Cambridge for Christmas, but as normal, murder follows them around. And, with a rival society wanting to work together to solve the murder, Daisy is determined to prove their society is the best.

Hazel and Daisy sneak into Maudlin, follow people around and inspect shops to solve the case before The Junior Pinkertons. But with a twist in the plot, The Detective Society is shocked. 

Time is running out, with a second victim murdered, The Detective Society has to work extra hard to solve the case by Christmas Day.

It is written from the point of view of Hazel, a girl from Hong Kong who moved to England to go to Deepdean, a boarding school.

Overall, I rate this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and recommend it to ages 10-14. A really brilliant book with great description.

Thank you for reading my review, and I hope to see you again soon on my blog! 📚😊

Comments