Barnardo's Hat Day

This post is a little different to my usual posts, and it kind of isn't to do with books, but I wanted to do it anyway. It is about Barnardo's Hat Day, taking place on February the 10th. So, I'll explain more about that in this post!

First, I am going to explain about what Barnardo's is, and what it does. Barnardo's is a children's charity, that helps young people. Here is the Barnardo's website: Barnardo's Home. You can donate to help this charity.

So, now I'll explain what Hat Day is. Basically, it is a way of fundraising, happening in schools around the UK. My school is taking part, and since I want to own a cafe when I'm older, I am going to come in a chef's hat (personalised) that I am currently making. 

It is suggested that you make a donation of £1.00 to support Barnardo's so they can help even more children in need. 

Barnardo's was started by Thomas Barnardo in 1866, when he came to London. Barnardo's first boys' home opened in 1868, and then in 1879 the Barnardo's Village Home opened. But even in after Thomas died in 1905, Barnardo's carried on.

Barnardo's tagline is Believe In Children, and this represents what they do for children in need.

So that was my post for today (it was quite short, but I'll make up for that tomorrow). I hope you are inspired to donate to Barnardo's, and help their brilliant cause. Thank you for reading my blog! 📚
Barnardo's logo

Comments