The Pleasing Book Tag



The Pleasing Book Tag is basically very beautiful books in different categories. It would be better for me to just do it, so I will stop introducing it and just get on with doing this book tag.

1. Best Colour Combination

This one goes to... The White Tower by Cathryn Constable!
The combination of the beautiful blue and pink make it look simply amazing! I love the colours on this one!

2. Best Font

The Best Font award goes to... Mistletoe And Murder by Robin Stevens!
Retro style! Also, it slants to make the effect even better and to make the font more interesting and eye-catching.

3. Best Simple Cover

Best Simple Cover goes to... The Fever Code by James Dashner
Light red (or dark red, depending on the way you see it) on a dark (or light) background with black and white text. Very simple hardback design.

4. Best End Pages

This award goes to... Ruby Redfort: Catch Your Death by Lauren Child!
I'm pretty sure these are meant to be trees, but they look good as triangles anyway! A very satisfying pattern in the back of this book.

5. Best Map

The Best Map trophy goes to... How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell!

I love the hand-drawn effect of this map that Cressida Cowell has created. It makes the map seem more like Hiccup drew it instead of a professional artist, which is the desired impact.

6. Best Bare Hardback Cover

This one goes to... Little Women by Louisa May Alcott!
 I haven't actually read this yet, and this is my mum's book, from Waterstones. Just look at it! It's beautiful! I love the golden swirls against the red cover, and the design is very intricate.

7. Best Back Cover

Best Back Cover goes to... World's Worst Children by David Walliams!
I don't know why I like this, but I just do. The illustrations are good and I like the paper effect that they blurb is on.

8. Best Chapter Headings 

The Best Chapter Headings award goes to... Hank Zipzer by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver!
These chapter headers capture the story well, and actually go with the characters instead of being completely random.

9. Best Illustrations

Goes to... The Uncommoners: The Crooked Sixpence by Jennifer Bell!
They are few, but when this book does have an illustration they never disappoint. The drawings are very detailed and display the story very well in my opinion.

10. Best Cover Overall

OK, this one has to go to... Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling!
The new covers are all amazing, but this one is my favourite by far! Mainly because I love the purple and blue combo, but also because every time I look at it I notice something else! Definitely a win!

11. Best Book Spine

Best Book Spine goes to... The Mystery Of The Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine!
I like that the main text is inside a yellow plaque, as it makes it stand out more and it draws your eye in to the title. Also the font of the author's name is amazing and very decorative.

So that was The Pleasing Book Tag! I hope you liked reading it and come back again! 

If you have any questions or suggestions, please comment them below!


















Comments