The Book Cake Tag!

This tag is basically seven questions, each representing the ingredients of a cake, such as flour, a book that was slow to start, but picked it up at the end. I am quite excited to get on with this new post, so let's go!

Flour: A book that was slow to start, but picked it up at the end.

For this book I choose Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling, because it started with something that wasn't explained at all - The Riddle House. I didn't know what it meant, and then it didn't explain it after, but as the story unfolded it made sense.

Eggs: A book that seemed bad, but then was really good.

This is a really obvious choice for me, and the book I choose is Girls' Miscellany by Lottie Stride. I don't usually read this kind of book, so I was quite skeptical at first. But then when I read it I found it really interesting, and now to find out random information I just flick through the book.

Sugar: A very sweet book.

I choose Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (and it's even about chocolate) because it's just an all-around great book. The plot's great, and the characters are well developed. A truly sweet (pun) book.

Butter: A book that had a great plot. 

For butter I choose The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. I have read this book lots of times, and the plot is really good. And, it involves magic, which is a genre of book that is possibly my favourite type.

Icing: A book that covered everything you look for in a story.

This is a hard one, but I choose Gangsta Granny by David Walliams. It has everything. A brilliant plot, a moral, humour, funny characters and adventure. Everything I want in a book. A perfect story. It's in the genres comedy and adventure, which is quite hard to do sometimes.

Sprinkles: A book that cheered you up when you were down.

For this one you have to pick a comedy, and I pick Attack of the Demon Dinner Ladies by Pamela Butchart. This book is for ages 8-11 in my opinion, and it is hilarious. I have all the other books in this series, and they are just brilliant. I love them. And, they are quite easy to read.

Cherry: Your favourite book this year.

Since the year only started twenty-two days ago, I am going to do my book for 2016 instead, which is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling. This book has loads of adventure, and keeps you reading for hours and hours even when you know you should do something. If you haven't read the Harry Potter series, read them now. They are extremely detailed, as J.K Rowling has built up the whole wizarding world. Just terrific.

So that was the Book Cake tag. This is a brilliant idea, and I think I'll do another tag soon.

See you soon on my blog! 😃📚


Rainbow cake... yum!



Comments